Proving that my life operates under the principals of Murphy’s Law, the last couple of days have been a series of ups and downs….
- Yesterday was my day off – serving to give me a break from the constant bad news we hear at work about the student loan industry.
- Kacey’s school softball team finally had a game scheduled on my day off.
- Parent teacher conferences went well. Jake’s grades are impressive and it looks like he might be able to avoid summer school for the first time in four years. Kacey’s math teacher noted that she is “an A-Number 1-Prime Candidate” for accelerated math next year. (Where the hell she got her math skills is beyond me. I’m a language girl, myself.)
- Someone tapped me on the shoulder while I was at conferences and complimented me, “Nice ass!”
- Mark and Jake went to a Duck’s Unlimited banquet last night and Jake came away with a big prize. He’s thrilled beyond belief.
- The weather has been in the high sixties and seventies all week!
- Yesterday was my day off and the temperatures were around seventy degrees. Of course, it rained ALL day. And I do mean ALL day. It started at 7:00 am yesterday and is still raining this morning.
- The softball game I was finally going to see was cancelled due to the rain.
- In spite the math teacher’s impressive assessment of my daughter’s skills and future in her math studies, Kacey’s reaction was, “I’m not taking Acccerated Math! That’s a lot of work!” I told her the conversation’s not over. We’ll be revisiting this issue soon.
- The “nice ass” compliment came from my friend Megan. And in all honesty, I’m GLAD it was just her!
- Jake’s big prize was a gun. A 20 guage, I think. Because we need more guns in our house. (And yes, we do have a gun safe and they stay locked up at all times until they’re ready to be used for a hunting trip.) As much as my boys love to hunt, I will never get over worrying about them handling guns or being around others with guns.
- The temperatures are dropping into the thirties tonight. Snow is predicted for later today and tomorrow. Just a guess, but I’ll bet this weekend’s softball tournament gets cancelled.
But HEY! It’s Friday. So I’m putting all the “downs” behind me and looking forward to making the weekend a good one!