I started my post yesterday with the words, “Happiness is…” It reminded me of a book I had as a kid. Anyone remember Happiness is a Warm Puppy by Charles M. Schultz?
The book was all about simple pleasures. It serves as a reminder that it’s often the little things in life that make us smile. Even in the midst of all the chaos, bad news, the kids bickering, the demands of work and home, there are little things that see us through each day. So I got to thinking about all the simple things that made me happy or brought a smile this week…
- A phone call from a friend and a long, easy conversation
- Reading and getting lost in a good story
- Hugs from my kids
- The prospect of a short work-week ahead
- Knowing Brad will be home for the holidays
- Sleeping in
- Being asked by Jake, “What can I help with?” Then he dusted the living room!
- Coffee with hazelnut creamer
- Bowling with the girls
- Getting a chiropractic adjustment just when I needed it most
- Having my hubby leave with my car and bringing it back washed and detailed
- a down comforter on a cold morning
- a snuggly cat
- laughing with my sister
- Singing along with the radio in the car
Life is good!
What were your simple pleasures this week?