If you want me to write about you on my blog, all you have to do is ask. I will say nice things and steal pictures from your own blog or flickr account to showcase what a wonderful person I think you are. It’s true. Just ask BlogPaul! He “suggested” that I blog about him, and so here I am doing just that!
This could become a regular thing. I was actually asked by another person today to write a post about him too. See? My services are in demand! Just make your request in my comments and I’ll add you to the schedule!
(Alright, alright, you’re probably on to me already with those last remarks. That second request came from my oldest son, so tomorrow or sometime soon, I’ll be showcasing my son’s and his friend’s talents with some kind of modern day spear fishing, complete with pictures. Clean pictures. No barf-buckets required.)
But back to the task at hand.
Meet BlogPaul. BlogPaul’s given name isn’t really BlogPaul. (You probably guessed that already. That would just be weird and make us wonder what his parents could have been thinking.) BlogPaul’s given name is Paul, but around my house, he is affectionately referred to as BlogPaul so as not to be confused with our other friend, Paul (who is not a blogger and probably has no desire for me to write about him on my blog.)
I “met” BlogPaul in my early blogging days and we became fast friends. At first I thought he was a bad-ass because of his tattoos:
But I soon learned through Paul’s writing that his first priority is God. Look closely at the tattoo above. It reads, “By His wounds.” The other arm has a tatto that reads, “We are healed.” So as it turned out, BlogPaul is not so bad-ass as I first thought, but rather, he lives a life of conviction, which is pretty cool!
Paul is a single dad with full-time custody of one of the cutest seven year olds you’ll ever meet. Check this out. Is Payton adorable or what? (Also, if Payton doesn’t appear to be your average seven year old in this picture, it’s probably because I stole this from Paul’s flickr archives. But you get the idea. Cuteness! )
And look at how he loves his dad!
Paul doesn’t actually do much blogging anymore, so if you go over to his blog, leave him a nagging comment DEMANDING that he write more often. Do this ESPECIALLY if you are a cute, single, Christian girl! (Hey, what kind of friend would I be if I didn’t try to hook him up?)
In Paul’s defense, the lack of blogging is due to the fact that he is a very busy guy. Here is the comment he left on one of my posts. This is the comment that prompted this very blog post:
Just to let you know what my weekend will consist of this weekend and since I don’t blog anymore I will just write in your comment section (and you will probably blog about it anyway and copy all of my comments blah blah blah and to that you know you have my blessing).
1. I am going to read your blog this weekend for the past month since I never read anything anymore (nor write…nor date…nor have sex…nor have any fun except with my awesome 7 year old son).
2. I will always have a passion for writing but since I also have a passion for photography and on Friday I will be picking up my Canon 20D, I hope to have a model shoot scheduled in order to continue to build up my new portfolio at http://www.modelmayhem.com/753313 (click on my picture to see my less than exciting port).
3. Prepare my second grader for a new grade, a new school and hopefully the true beginning of his new life since Seminole Florida is the place he will be going to school until he graduates…then im kickin his azz out!!! By the way, my little 7 year old Mensa member beat his 38 year old father at chess this past weekend).
4. Mid-month payday means no rent to pay…which means tithe, electric, water, credit cards, food, moms cell phone, starting this month…web hosting!!!! Payton’s allowance for the week, Payton’s allowance for the next 3 weeks put in my savings so I can actually pay him when it comes Saturday, an expensive cigar for my boss, any other bills that I can find that is surely delinquent, and if there is $1.50 left over, a t-shirt for me at the Salvation Army.
4. Going to church to praise the Lord. As much sin as I get into I gotta have me some church at least two times a week.
As you can see, Paul is a good guy. I’m proud to call him my friend.